If you’re an obsessive over-packer when you go on vacation, don’t worry because there is still hope for you. You can learn not to over-pack, but still, end up with the items you need to make your trip worthwhile, and it all starts with a few simple tips. One of the first things you should do is make a list of the items that you absolutely need for your trip, which ensures you won’t forget anything important. Start with the absolute essentials, which can include things such as your passport and makeup, and the remaining items will be things you won’t need as much as those essentials.
Keeping a Few Important Things in Mind
It is also good to keep a few crucial things in mind when you’re packing your suitcase, including:
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them. It saves a lot of space and also keeps the clothes a lot smoother and less wrinkled.
- Place one to two dryer sheets in your suitcase so that your clothes stay fresh-smelling a lot longer.
- Put some extra Ziplock and garbage bags in your suitcase. They take up very little room, and you can use them for dirty laundry and many other things.
- Choose what you think you need, then cut the number in half. Ironically, you likely won’t miss it in the end.
- Carry your toiletries and one complete outfit in your carry-on bag. This way, you’ll be all set if the airline loses your luggage.
Use Common Sense to Pack
Using common-sense goes a long way in making sure you pack your suitcase more efficiently. Knowing what your airline’s policy is regarding luggage is also essential because this can directly affect the way you pack before you leave. To save even more space, you can use packing cubes or Ziplock bags to pack a lot of your clothing and other items, as well as use travel-sized products for everything, even things that will go in the luggage you check-in. There are numerous other products you can purchase to make packing for that next trip a lot simpler, and you can find most of them online.